Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reading

from Interweave Press
last night i rushed across town to attend a meeting that is actually scheduled for tonight. frustrating. my husband suggested i keep on driving and hit the nearest bookstore. so i did.

i spent a couple of hours checking out magazines, cook books, art books, craft books, and art and architecture books. heaven. this came home with me and on first glance it is just what i've been waiting for. two of my goals for 2012 are to take more pictures and to get my etsy shop up and running again. one of the things that has been holding me back is my lack of photography skills (and the rotten gloomy weather!). so no excuses now. Heidi Adnum gives clear explanations, great examples, 'practioner spotlights' and featuring gorgeous product photos. in addition, there is information on workflow procedure - very helpful for someone like me who needs to break things down into smaller tasks. (what mom doesn't have a little ADD?)

for years i have been using my airmiles points to buy gift cards for the big bookstore and was very disappointed to find that they no longer offer this service. my kobo e-reader is great for novels, but i really like to have hard copies of magazines, art, craft, and cook books. so in case any of my family members are looking to get me a gift, here's the wish list:
there are more to add to the list but my favourite 4 year old boy needs me to play cars with him and i don't want to miss the chance to have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment